— Alliance of Entrepreneurs and Industry Leaders to Collaborate on New Solutions in Content Delivery, Data Analytics, Advertising and More —
WASHINGTON, D.C. — SPROCKIT and NAB Show today announced the first 10 start-ups selected to participate in SPROCKIT’s 2017 program. Up to 30 emerging companies will be hand-selected by industry leaders to participate based on their potential to offer real solutions to challenges in today’s evolving market.
Now in its fifth year, SPROCKIT will showcase industry-vetted emerging companies at NAB Show – held April 22-27 in Las Vegas – and throughout the year at SPROCKIT Sync, a series of private forums where industry executives and entrepreneurs meet to collectively discuss new technologies that will advance the industry. Since its launch in 2013, nearly 100 emerging companies have participated in SPROCKIT, many of which have experienced successful funding rounds, partnerships and acquisitions.
“SPROCKIT Hub at NAB Show brings together the right combination of established corporations and vetted start-ups to create partnerships that benefit both parties,” said SPROCKIT Founder and CEO Harry Glazer. “The right companies, the right places at the right time – that’s what SPROCKIT is.”
The first 10 participating companies in this year’s SPROCKIT program are:
- dotstudioPRO enables companies and network partners to deliver content directly to consumers via websites and branded applications and across OTT platforms.
- Epidemic Sound offers a global direct music license that enables media companies to easily distribute content across all platforms.
- Ex Machina develops apps and multiscreen strategies for media companies and advertisers seeking engagement solutions for TV programs and live streams.
- Guidebox puts video apps in front of users when they are searching for content on AppleTV, Roku, Amazon Fire, Google Chromecast and more.
- ICX Media is a digital video management and data analytics platform for media companies, brands, digital video producers and creators.
- Streamroot enables content providers to offer better quality video while improving the economics of OTT delivery.
- Tradecast.TV introduces the only end-to-end solution for easily managing, distributing and monetizing individual interactive TV channels and broadcasting networks, including a cloud-based linear TV channel and countless on demand, VOD/OTT, and live broadcasting possibilities.
- Wildmoka allows broadcasters and content owners to clip individual moments from live TV and events and share them across web, mobile and social platforms.
- Vertebrae’s native solutions bring the world of virtual and augmented reality advertising to brands. The headset-agnostic platform acts as a conduit and pipeline connecting advertisers with developers and publishers.
- Vydeo is a patent-pending platform and software development kit for third party apps to interact with users via video.
SPROCKIT is still accepting applications for participation and will be inviting companies on a rolling basis. The application deadline to secure space for the 2017 NAB Show is March 1. Applications may be submitted online here.
SPROCKIT is created in collaboration with World Series of Startups, LLC and the National Association of Broadcasters (NAB). SPROCKIT corporate partners include: Cox Media Group, Fox Networks Group, HCL Technologies, Hearst Television, Samsung NEXT, TEGNA Inc., Univision Communications Inc., and Verizon Digital Media Services.
For more information about SPROCKIT, please visit sprockitglory.com.
SPROCKIT is the media, entertainment and technology alliance of corporate executives and industry-vetted emerging companies showcasing and collaborating on products, services and new revenue models. SPROCKIT, in collaboration with and support from the NAB Show, shines the spotlight on the industry’s most promising market-ready start-ups from around the world. SPROCKIT start-ups have proven products, customers, and are ready to scale Learn more at sprockitglory.com.
About NAB Show
NAB Show, held April 22-27, 2017 in Las Vegas, is the world’s largest convention encompassing The M.E.T. Effect, the convergence of media, entertainment and technology. With 103,000 attendees from 166 countries and 1,700+ exhibitors, NAB Show is the ultimate marketplace for solutions that transcend traditional broadcasting and embrace content delivery to new screens in new ways. From creation to consumption, across multiple platforms and countless nationalities, NAB Show is where global visionaries convene to bring content to life in new and exciting ways. For complete details, visit www.nabshow.com.
The National Association of Broadcasters is the premier advocacy association for America’s broadcasters. NAB advances radio and television interests in legislative, regulatory and public affairs. Through advocacy, education and innovation, NAB enables broadcasters to best serve their communities, strengthen their businesses and seize new opportunities in the digital age. Learn more at www.nab.org.