Starting tomorrow, Las Vegas will play host to the 2013 National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) Show, the world’s largest electronic media show covering filmed entertainment and the development, management, and delivery of content across all mediums. The NAB Show garners more than 90,000 attendees from 151 countries and features more than 1,600 exhibitors. It’s hailed as the ultimate marketplace for digital media and entertainment, and getting an invite to participate is a big deal.
Ten promising companies got a special invite today from the NAB to present in a new, exclusive part of the show, SPROCKIT. Separated into content creation, content management, and content delivery companies, they will all have the opportunity to pitch to media and entertainment influencers while receiving broad exposure throughout the rest of the NAB Show.
Here is a quick breakdown of what to expect from each company.
CONTENT CREATION COMPANIES
- FlixMaster (San Francisco) A cloud-based, interactive video-building platform that powers online storytelling, e-commerce and e-learning.
- NewsiT (Washington, DC) A real-time mobile and social news platform that vets and verifies original crowdsourced content. Helps media outlets and publishers attract, retain, and monetize consumers.
- SnappyTV (San Francisco) A leading cloud-enabled video editing platform used to stream, edit, and distribute highlights from live TV. Streams to Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, OVPs, and second-screen audiences on mobile devices and the web.
CONTENT MANAGEMENT COMPANIES
- Collective[i] (New York City) A big data network with technology to convert sales, marketing, and consumer data into revenue and insights delivered directly to business users.
- Localytics (Boston) A leading provider in closed-loop mobile marketing and analytics solutions. Helps app publishers maximize user engagement, lifetime, value, and loyalty.
- Standard Media Index (New York City, London, Sydney, Paris): Provides access to complex data sets by tracking and aggregating real-time media spend data. Enables export efficiency while fueling customer analytic engines.
CONTENT DELIVERY COMPANIES
- Everloop (San Francisco) A unique, age-appropriate social media experience for children under thirteen. Provides customized micro-networks, or “loops,” that safely connect kid-relevant content, services, applications, and experiences.
- Shelby.tv (New York City): A service to personally create .tv channels to be broadcast worldwide. Fill your channel with videos of your choosing from around the web.
- Tivli (Boston): A live-streaming TV feed featuring almost every cable channel. Available any time and any place on all your devices.
- The Whistle (New York City): A sports media destination and community for kids. Distributes pro and local sports on TV, VOD, mobile, Internet, and gaming platforms.